Mastering Magento requires using little known or used tricks. This paperback ebook will tell you which are these secrets and teach you how to use them so you can make the most out of your online store.
- Learn how to customize your Magento store for maximum performance
- Exploit little known techniques for extending and tuning your Magento installation.
- Step-by-step guides for making your store run faster, better and more productively.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Planning for Magento
- Chapter 2: Successful Magento Installation
- Chapter 3: Managing Products
- Chapter 4: Designs and Themes
- Chapter 5: Configuring to Sell
- Chapter 6: Managing Non-product Content
- Chapter 7: Marketing Tools
- Chapter 8: Extending Magento
- Chapter 9: Optimizing Magento
- Chapter 10: Advanced Techniques
- Chapter 11: Pre-launch Checklist
What you will learn from this book
- Learn to create a solid plan for your Magento store.
- Gain a better understanding of how Magento manages multiple websites and stores in a single installation.
- Learn how to localize Magento for multiple languages and currencies.
- Learn the little-known techniques for customizing designs and layouts.
- Get more speed and performance from your Magento store using only a few simple techniques.
- Learn how to leverage Magento’s SEO features for better search rankings.
- Learn how to build and manage Content Managed (CMS) pages and content.
- Includes a complete configuration guide for launching your new Magento store.
Magento, the most popular open source e-commerce platform in the world, is both amazingly powerful and astoundingly complex. Learn from an experienced Magento “master” how to leverage the full power of Magento.
MASTERING MAGENTO is the perfect companion guide for both newcomers and experienced Magento users. Designers, developers and store owners alike will have a better understanding of how Magento works, and how to take advantage of Magento’s immense power to create online stores that help you sell.
From planning your Magento installation through advanced techniques designed to make your store as successful as possible, this book is a roadmap for managing your Magento store.
Focusing on Magento’s Community version, the book covers everything from creating and managing multiple stores to fine-tuning Magento for speed and performance. Learn how to manage categories, products, design themes, extensions and more.
Using real-world examples, screenshots and personal insights, you’ll learn to truly master Magento.
Who this book is for
Magento Web designers, Magento developers or ecommerce store-owners, who design or manage Magento stores for their clients.