Quick overview about this Book
- Create an advanced responsive Magento theme based on the Bootstrap 3 framework
- Configure your custom theme with the Magento Admin Panel
- Create your theme from scratch using practical live coding examples
Who This Book Is For
This book is great for Magento developers and web designers who are looking to get a good foundation in how to create custom, responsive, and advanced Magento themes. Readers must have some experience with HTML, PHP, CSS, and Magento theme design. This book will be useful for anybody who already has knowledge of the Magento frontend structure.
Andrea Saccà is a web designer and a frontend developer based in the infamous, central area of Rome, Italy. He is also one of the first Magento Certified Front End Developers and he will be speaker to the first Meet Magento Italy 2014.
After his studies in Graphic and Web Design in Rome, he worked for a few renowned web agencies as a web designer, and in 2012, he started his freelance career. After two years of freelancing, he started his own web agency, 1604lab (www.1604lab.com) in Rome. You can visit the twitter page for his website at @1604lab.
He is a multi-skilled web designer and a developer who specializes in creating an effective online presence for all kind of businesses, start-ups, and individuals, for customers all over the world.
What You Will Learn
- Create a custom Magento theme from scratch
- Make your theme mobile-ready by integrating Bootstrap into it
- Optimize your theme to be fully responsive and ready for multiple devices
- Integrate sharing buttons into your theme
- Add CSS3 and jQuery animations to enhance your theme’s appearance
- Create a widget and a theme options panel to allow the fi nal user to customize your theme in minutes
- Change the look of the Magento backend to adapt it to your company’s brand identity
- Make money by packaging and selling your theme
This book explores Magento theme design, from basic theme structures to an advanced options panel, and provides you with the advanced knowledge that you need on the frontend of this great CMS.
The book starts with an overview of best practices for Magento theming and explores the field of theme development, starting from the home page all the way through to mobile optimization, analyzing advanced Magento applications such as widgets and modules. You will learn how to change the look and feel of the Magento backend to adapt it to your company’s brand identity. The book will also take a look at adding functionalities such as lightbox effects on the product details page and awesome CSS3 animations on the products grid. By the end of this book, you will be able to create a new, custom, responsive, and advanced Magento theme of your own. You will learn everything you need to know to master Magento theme design, from the essential structure to the final sale in a step-by-step, tutorial style.